I am always ecstatic when i have something to share with you ,its been a great week with the Nigeria photographers conference (Niphec) at the center of it all. I am happy i was invited to facilitate by the brain behind it all -Mr Seun Akinsanmi; my duty was to talk about Makeup and Photography.
In my usual elements , I got to the conference early and the turn out, my gosh , i was overwhelmed. Indeed i must confess i felt like a tad intimidated when i saw most of my favorite top photographers all in one place and the same time . You know i just couldn’t resist the urge of snap shots with them 🙂 .
After my scheduled class, i attended Mr Seun’s class on “How to create website using WordPress ” i addedd to my knowledge . OK, so i promised some of the participants i would do a recap of my class and here we go ….
When buying a Camera , here is what to focus on:
- Macro setting helps to get detailed focus on your subject for instance skin, brows etc
- Make sure the screen can be adjusted to take personal photographs and from angles Note : the screen is the display behind the camera .
- The camera that has good lighting ability inside
- A DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera is better than Point and shoot cameras because it has the following features:
– Interchangeable lens- you can use another lens if you want and you can Zoom in and out also
– A great focus – it must be able to focus clearly and sharply
– Great speed- doesnt take time to snap and focus on subject
– Ability to use external flash
How to take great makeup pictures:
- Use good light and also use reflector to eradicate shadows of any kind
- Plain Background to avoid distractions from your model
- Always focus on your model to avoid blurry pictures emphasis should be on the face since what you are showcasing is makeup
- You can try snapping from different angles
Things you need to note as a makeup artist for great photos:
- Try to avoid too much makeup it shows in pictures
- Prime the skin make sure its SPF free because that causes a whitish cast
- Make sure you conceal blemish lightly with foundation or concealer as the face require
- Keep the face matte because dewy skin looks cakey in pictures
- Make sure you exfoliate your lips to prevent cracks and chaps showing
- No pastel color of eyeshadow or lips because the flash light will wash out those colors
- Focus more on making the brows look groomed and define the eyes.use lashes if necessary.
- Place you model close to natural light when applying makeup.
You can invest in either Canon or Nikon Cameras.
I Hope these tips help …. enjoy the event in pictures
I also attended the Cosmex Nigeria Fair in lagos, it held at Ten degree Event center Oregun ,ikeja ,Lagos. It was a fair organized for the cosmetic , chemicals and cleaning products.The exhibitors stands were scanty.
Lots of hugs from me,
Thank you Adejoke.
Thanks. All noted. We were advised @ MINC Buntricia to mix face primer together with d foundation to avoid d whitish that it will leave on the face. Looking forward to your next post. I was hoping to see you at MINC but u were not.
Thankd for sharing Eyinimofe.i was at another conference dear.