Hello beautiful people,
It’s that time of the year again, the bells are almost jingling and different landscapes have started adopting green and red as their colors. At this time of the year two things are more than certain – good food and travel. You know how much I love good food 🙂
If you are by any chance a frequent international traveler, the chances that you would have experienced jetlag at some point or the other should be relatively high. I once got lucky with a cheap flights to Dubai and got the meanest of jetlags, I was almost beginning to think that the cheap flights to Dubai may have caused the severity of this particular jetlag 🙂
What is Jetlag?
Jet lag occurs when you travel briefly across two or more time zones. The more time zones you happen to cross, the more likely to be more sluggish and sleepy; the longer the journey the more severe the symptoms will likely be. Jetlag is actually a temporary state of sleeplessness which of course varies from people to people. Depending on the distance you cover while traveling, time of recover varies. For instance, if is a very long trip of between 2-3 days, be prepared to be jetlagged for 4-7 days depending. For a full grown adult, jetlag is usually very severe and time of recovery takes a considerable amount of time. What are the symptoms of Jetlag? Some of the most common symptoms of jetlag are:
- Tiredness and fatigue
- Constipation or diarrhea
How to deal with Jetlag
- Stay hydrated: Drink lots of water during and after your flight
- Be mobile: Do not stay in one place, try to move around while on the flight
- Consider melatonin: Melatonin is secreted in our bodies and is responsible for sleep, take melatonin supplements to help regulate the body
- Sleep: Try as much as possible to get enough rest while on the flight
- Reset your wrist watch: Although this is purely psychological, it does help trick the body.
So there you have it, while you are on your way to that wonderful holiday experience, try to get yourself prepared for the jetlag that accompanies traveling.
Let me know what you think in the comment section below..